CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Oh Where Oh Where Does the Time GO???!?!?!?!

    I feel like summer just began a few days ago but now it is time to go back into the classroom and start getting ready for next school term to begin.  In a few short weeks it will be time again to go back to the grind and I'm going to go kicking and screaming.  This is the same old song and dance every summer and you would think that by now I would be ready for the inevitable.  "NO!" I emphatically scream.  Even though I may have a few weeks left I still have the strong urge to lay on the ground and have a two-year old tantrum.  
    The reason why this is a blog topic is because I decided to drag my lazy carcass to the school to see how much damage had been done.  You see this is not going to be a normal start of a school term because our school has moved to a new (old old ancient) building.  The walls are covered in dried up hot glue, the carpet is stained and dirty, and the tiles are just plain gross.  There is an upside to this move though,  sadly this will be the first year that my students will have access to a play ground.  For special needs students a play ground has to be set up a little bit differently from play grounds for other students.  Because I have students who are known "runners"  we have to have a secure fence and equipment suited to their needs.  So despite the unappealing state to the building and our new room, the play ground holds great promise for my students and my staff members.  
     Now I have to attend to all of the paint that I'm finding in strange places.  I look forward to next  week and getting the job finished so we can get to the joyous task of unpacking boxes and finding proper homes for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment