CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Getting Older Really (and I do mean REALLY) Sucks!

      

As a female visiting the OB/GYN is not my favorite place to visit but I dutifully go because I've fought a bought of dysplasia when I was but 16 years old.  Today was one of those days...visiting the "Cooter" doctor Princess so lovingly puts it.  She's been going since she was 13, so I know that she is feeling sympathy when she jokes about going to see that doctor.  For some reason I thought I would just breeze through the visit and be on my way.  Oh how wrong I was!  Turning 36 was not a big deal last month....until today!  Apparently my blood pressure over the last few years had starting an increasing trend....

      My paternal grandfather died of a heart attack in his 60's so this is really no joking matter.  The doctor (she really is a great doctor) says that the main factor she is considering is the Pill causing it but I'm not so convinced with this thought.  I think stress is a major factor for my increasing blood pressure....I tried to discuss this with my Hub but got more positive reaction from my mother despite the fact that she was kicking my butt to make sure that I get on top of the situation.  Hub starts going through my diet....I don't make fried food ever and I certainly don't make a habit of going out and eating greasy fried foods!  I eat vegetables every single day...I admit my downfall is bread and that is going to be an extremely hard habit to break.  I've started buying whole wheat pasta because I want my family to be healthy.  I don't get as much exercise as I should but with all of the activities that I run around doing I suppose..Oh shit!  I guess that is an aspect of my life that may need to change has to change.

      What drives me absolutely insane is that my Hub...no he isn't a small man nor is he a oversized man, can eat loads of salt with every meal and eats junk food daily but yet still continues to have good cholesterol numbers and good blood pressure.  Did I mention that beer is his water?  The man never drinks water!!!!  I don't even buy soda because I know that I will drink it and that it is bad for me.  Oh I know that I regularly go off of my Topomax just so I can drink a soda every now and again.  AAAAARRRGGGHHH!  (My youngest thinks I'm a nut because I really did just scream)
      With all of that ranting and raving being put out there to the blog gods...I feel no better just irritated a bit more than when I started this entry!  Getting older stinks...REALLY!  Ten years ago I was probably saying something similar but I was talking about the number and not the physical stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment