CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 18, 2010

I Will Forever be an Aldi's Shopper

Weekly Menu for April 19

Monday:  Roast, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Beans
Tuesday:  BBQ Wings, Ranch Potato Salad, Crockpot Cowboy Beans
Wednesday:  Tacos and Quesadillas
Thursday:  Sloppy Joes with Steak Fries
Friday:  Little Caesar's Pizza 2 Meat Trios $8 and 1 Pepperoni $5


I made my weekly jaunt to the grocery store.  If I haven't already mentioned, I try to stay under $125.00 per week on groceries including what the children take for lunch and fix themselves for breakfast in the mornings before school.  I can't stay within this budget at the "regular" grocery store or even Wal-Mart.  I neither have the time nor the patience to clip coupons so Aldi is my next best option.  Thus far we have faired well even with the economy such that it is.  Below is the list of items that I purchased today and the prices.  My bill for 62 items came to exactly $111.84!  


Big Ticket Items:
 ground beef 5lbs.    9.58   
 Chicken wings 5lbs.-7.99  
  muti-pack chips-3.99  
  he Tandil laundry detergent-6.99

Lunch and Breakfast Things:
Bread-  .79          Shredded Wheat Cereal-  1.89  English Muffins- .99            Cinnamon Raisin Bagels-1.39
Milk-  2.69            Eggs-.99                                  Pre-Cooked Bacon 1.99(2)      Apple Juice(2)-1.19
Cherry Juice-1.79  German Coffee- 3.99             Trail Mix-1.99                           Granola Bars(2)- 1.69
Twinkies- 1.99        Fudge Brownies(2)-.99        Trail Mix Bars-1.89                   Oatmeal Pie-.99
24 count bottled water-2.79                                chocolate syrup-1.24

Cleaning and Paper Products:   
Dishwasher Liquid-2.49         
3 pack paper towels-1.89
50 count paper plates-1.99

Dinner Items:
  Frozen Green Beans (2)-1.49    
  Refried Beans-.69
  Cream of Celery Soup-.59
  Butter Beans- .69
  Kidney Beans- .59
  Cream Mushroom Soup(3)-.59
   Baked Beans(2)-.59
   Gravy Mix-.35
   Onion Soup Mix-.79
   32oz. Ketchup-1.19
    Ranch Dressing-1.19
    BBQ Sauce (2)-1.69
    Steak Fries-1.69
    45oz. Butter-1.79
    Sharp Cheddar (3)  1.79
    Shredded Co-Jack Cheese- 2.29
    Shredded Cheddar-2.99
    Taco Shells- .99
    Taco Mix-.35
    Flour Tortillas-.99
    Bacon Bits-1.49
    Sloppy Joe Mix- .99
    Hamburger Buns-.85
    White Onions (3 count)-1.49
     Baking Potatoes 3 lb bag (2)- .99

The fact that my children don't mind eating things that don't have a trendy label and they don't snub their noses at so-called off brand items is a wonderful thing.  I have childhood memories of when my mum and step-dad were just getting started in their marriage and careers.  Back then off brand was called generic and they always came in these gawd awful yellow packages.  I was mortified (odd because now I understand and it's all about saving money) when we pulled up to the register.....The food wasn't that great either!  Maybe it was those gawd awful yellow packages that made those things taste so bad.  My kids don't mind and when they have friends over (which is pretty often for one of them) it's not a big deal.  I have tried to convince several of my friends that Aldi's is the way to go but only one friend's sister has opted to try it.  Oh well, their loss is truly my savings!  I'm planning on giving my crockpot a good work out this week too!  Cowboy beans and a roast, just what will help me out through a busy week.
    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment