CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Has Sprung!

     Finally, I we have arrived to Spring Break!  This is just a tease for teachers and students alike but it is a needed break for all of us.  I have splendiforous plans for this break...self imposed work as it be!!  I have a sewing room that has evolved into a junk and hold all room that needs some serious help.  I honestly think I could be on that show Hoarders!  Well not I am not actually that bad but I do have this odd affinity for clothing and I just cannot seem to get rid of clothes.....Is this a sign of an addiction?  I'm pretty sure that most women have several sets of clothing.  I have three sets....fat clothes, not so fat clothes, and clothes that one day I hope I will be able to get into.  Not the most brilliant organization strategy of these clothes do I possess either.  I was digging (I do mean literally) for the Easter decorations and found an entire plastic tote full of winter clothes...honestly I can't remember half of them....The best was the red velour jogging suit.....

       Speaking of said red velour item...I have a conversation with my mother about the weeks agenda and tell her about this hideous jogging suit.  I was wondering what I had been thinking when I bought it...You see, I bought it when I was in my late twenties.  What 20 something buys an old lady suit?  My mother informs me that she had a brown velour suit that she purchased for $11.00.  Okay red...for Christmas but brown.....really?  Anyway, I think I may have worn said jogging suit twice.  It doesn't make sense when we are shopping and those spur of the moment purchases that we look back a few years later and think...What in the HELL was I thinking?  I think a Spring purge is necessary to cleanse the soul!  Or at least allow me to be able to get into my sewing room!
      
      Hopefully I can blog a little during this glorious break but I'm thinking my school work and the need to write IEPs will somehow make me tired of the computer.  Jokingly at work my best friend says (and shares her wisdom with others) that there is no need to speak to me during the months of March, April, and parts of May.  There is the mandatory one-on-one testing, writing of IEPs, and then the meeting on said IEPs.  Let's not forget Special Olympics and the final field trip....which by the way is still up in the air.  Money issues won't permit us to go to the beach this year.....the high school teacher has suggested a Luau at the local lake....I'm of the opinion that a nice trip to the zoo would be just as exhausting!  Spring Break just gives me an excuse to work from home....be it in my pajamas!

basil!!!!!!
But on a lighter note....my Hub was absolutely fantastic this year for my birthday...He finally listened to my request for a fantastic camera.  That was the highlight of this year's birthday....So to showcase spring I have photogged my tulips and the beginnings of my basil!  Yes I, the woman who kills most plants, has germinated basil from seed!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment